As I was scrolling through my Instagram posts, one question kept nagging at me, ‘How can you see who views your Instagram videos?’ Is that even possible? Well, I started digging, and here’s what I found.
The simple answer to ‘How can you see who views your Instagram videos?’ is that you can’t! Unfortunately, you can’t see the names of all users who have viewed your video; you can only see the total number of views and likes that your video has received. However, you can see the users who have liked it and consequently seen it.
This means that you can still see who has viewed your Instagram video by looking at the people who have liked the video.
To see who has viewed the video you posted to your Instagram story, you must tap the story while it is active. In the bottom left corner, there will be a total number. The names of every user who watched the story can be seen by scrolling with your finger.
Does this make sense? Let’s explore this further!
Can You See Who Views Your IG Videos (Overview)
How Can I See Who Watched My Instagram Video (+ Tips for More Views)
Here are the exact steps to know who has watched your Instagram video:
- Open Instagram on your phone. I’ll use one of my recent theme pages for this example
2. In the bottom right corner of the screen, tap the profile icon.
3. Locate and tap the video whose views you want to see.
4. You can see the total number of views, as well as some of the names of people who liked the video, beneath the video. To view more information, tap on these labels.
5. The total number of views is again listed at the top of the details. Use the search bar at the top to quickly find a specific person or scroll the list to see everyone who liked the video.
How To See Who viewed your Instagram Story videos?
- Open Instagram on your phone.
2. In the top left corner, tap the icon with your profile picture to access Your Story. Your profile page also has a link to your story. Your circular profile picture will be surrounded by a colored ring on both.
3. In the bottom left corner, select Activity.
4. A pop-up window displaying the number of viewers and a list of those who watched the video will appear. To view their names, simply scroll through the list.
How To See Who watched Instagram videos (Reels) on your feed?
Instagram reels are similar to normal IG videos. You cannot see everyone who viewed your Instagram reel video.
However, when you click on the reel, you can see the people who liked and commented on your reel. This gives you a good idea of who is viewing your Instagram videos (reels).
Tips To Get More Instagram Video Views
Instagram has been a great platform to build your brand and generate engagement. One of the most effective ways to do it is by posting videos.
With video, you can capture your audience’s attention and get them to engage with your content in a way that they don’t with photos.
Here are some quick tips to get more Instagram video views:
1. Posting at the right time: It is important that you post your video at the right time of the day so that it has a higher chance of being seen. Here are the best times to post on Instagram.
2. Use hashtags: When you post a video on Instagram, be sure to use relevant hashtags with it to increase your views and engagement.
3. Create a video series: If you have videos of your business you want people to see, create an Instagram series as opposed to just posting individual videos. This will provide your audience with more content in one place.
3. Use a call-to-action: Include a call-to-action in your video to encourage viewers to take an action like following you or commenting on your content.
4. Quality matters: When posting videos, make sure that the quality is high enough for people to enjoy watching it without any hiccups or glitches in sound and picture quality.
5. Use trending audio and filters: The trending audio and filters on Instagram can be used to increase engagement with your audience and to make your video stand out from the rest.
6. Be creative: There is a lot of room for creativity in Instagram’s video section. This is because you can use audio and filters to create a better, more interesting video experience for your followers. To help you make creative videos, you should look at what other creators in your space are doing and get inspiration from them.
7. Share your Instagram video to your Story: There are many benefits to sharing your Instagram video to your Story. One of the main reasons is that you can capture the moment and share it with your followers in real-time.
It also has a much larger reach than just posting it on Instagram. If you have a video that you want to share with a larger audience, then you should share it on your Story.
Lastly, if you are running an ad campaign or promotion, then using Stories is an amazing way to get people to interact with it.
8. Create an attractive cover image: When creating an Instagram reel/video, you will be asked to choose a cover for the video. This is the cover that will appear on your Instagram feed and therefore, you need to make sure that it’s attractive looking.
How To Get More Likes On Your Instagram Videos
We’ve already established that the only way to know who is viewing your Instagram videos is by looking at who has liked them. So how can we increase the number of likes on a video? Simply follow these steps:
The first step is to have a good video. A video that is well-lit, has good sound and has a clear message. You cannot expect people to like a video that is poorly done.
Remember, you are competing with millions of videos posted every day on Instagram. Therefore, you need to have an exceptional video if you want to compete.
The second step is to optimize your video for the Instagram algorithm by adding relevant keywords in the title and in tags, so people can find it when they search for those terms.
Here’s an awesome video that shows you how to pick the best hashtags for your Instagram posts:
How Can You See Who Views Your Instagram Videos (Conclusion)
Although you cannot see everyone that has viewed your Instagram videos, you can know how many people viewed them.
There are many ways to track the number of people who viewed your Instagram videos. You can use a third-party service like SocialBlade, or you can simply use the built-in analytics in Instagram.
Third-party services like SocialBlade offer more detailed insights than the ones that are offered by Instagram. For example, they will tell you how many people watched each video and for how long they watched it. The downside is that these services cost money, but if you want to see who is interested in your content then it may be worth the investment.
Instagram offers a built-in analytics tool that will show you how many people have seen your video and what percentage of those viewers were new followers in comparison with old followers. It will also show you where people are clicking on the video and which links they clicked on afterward.
We hope this article adequately answered the question, ‘how can you see who views your Instagram videos? Thanks for reading!